Garbage disposals can create a false sense of security when we expect too much from them. They are meant to serve as a compliment, pulverizing bits of soft food particles to keep our drains clear. But fibrous waste and foreign matter can undermine their effectiveness and even shorten their lifespan.
If your garbage disposal requires repair or replacement, you can count on us at C&D Plumbing Inc. for expedient and professional service in Davie and the surrounding areas.
Add some style and value to your home's faucets, fixtures, and sinks when you give us a call today!
What Are Common Garbage Disposal Problems?
Your garbage disposal can run into a few issues that will cause it to lose functionality. The following are the most common ones:
- Jamming: The flywheel can jam and the unit may switch off as a fail-safe. Constant jams can wear on the motor, causing problems that require professional repairs or a replacement.
- Leakage: Leaking could be the result of improper installation or it could be a sign that your unit has serious wear. A certified professional can help you determine if the unit requires adjustment, repairs or replacing.
- No Power: When your system fails to turn on, it can be for two reasons. One, it has jammed and shut off as a result. Two, the motor is blown, and will require replacement. We will be able to inspect it to determine the best course of action.
How to Know If You Should Repair or Replace Your Garbage Disposal
If your garbage disposal is failing to process food scraps properly and you've had the unit for a while, it could benefit from a new set of blades. If your system has recently begun to emit strange noises, you should power it off until you have it inspected by a professional to determine whether or not it can be repaired. Over time, these handy devices can develop leaks at the sides or bottom. In this case, we may recommend replacement.
Easy Tips to Avoid Issues
The best way to solve any problem is by preventing it in the first place. Some tips that you can use in order to avoid serious issues with your garbage disposal are:
- Don’t throw oils or fats down the drain. These can eventually harden and pile up within the drain.
- Be careful to avoid throwing massive amounts of items down the drain as this can cause your disposal to jam altogether.
- Inspect your unit from time to time to determine whether or not there are any water leaks anywhere around your unit.
If your unit is losing its efficiency or has been plagued by problems constantly, contact us. We can help you determine if your garbage disposal still has life in it and should be repaired. We can also provide you with expert Davie garbage disposal installations. No matter what your needs may be, our experts have got you covered.
From kitchen plumbing to gas line hook up, we handle all of your residential plumbing needs. Schedule your appointment with us today!
What to Expect When You Call
Whether you need repair or replacement, or even if you’re just looking for reliable maintenance, you can always call on C & D Plumbing Inc. Our team of expertly trained plumbing technicians have the skills and tools needed to solve all your plumbing problems.
When you call C & D Plumbing, we will send out a plumbing technician to your home at an agreed-upon time. Once they arrive, your plumber will assess the problems your unit is having, and decide if garbage disposal replacement is necessary, or if repairs can be done to solve the problem.
Next, your trusted plumber will provide a quote for a fair price, and get to work to either repair or replace your broken equipment. To avoid future problems, make sure to ask about regular maintenance as well!