One of the most common, but also annoying, plumbing issues you can face is a clogged drain. These pesky issues can cause slow drainage, standing water, and unnecessary pressure on your plumbing. Before pouring harmful chemicals down the drain, give our experts a call. We will provide you with the very best Davie drain cleaning solutions to get your plumbing back in working condition in no time.
Are years of clogged drains causing problems with your sewer line? Call our licensed experts for all of your home's sewer repair and replacement needs!
Common Causes of Clogged Drains
There are many causes of clogged drains, but some are more common than others. Here are five of the most frequent reasons that cause you to face this plumbing issue.
- Food: Even tiny bits of food will add up and eventually lead to a clogged drain. Some foods are more prone to clogging, such as pasta and other items that continue to soak up water. Contact us for help in properly fitting a strainer that will prevent this common clog.
- Hair: This is a huge offender, because it sits around and builds up, and often doesn’t cause problems until long after the pipes are over-clogged. Whether it’s a shower or a sink that’s not draining properly, you’ll need a plumber to clean out the mess.
- Paper: The products that most often lead to a clogged drain include baby wipes, feminine hygiene products, cigarettes, tissues, and paper towels. Even excessive amounts of toilet paper will block the pipes, resulting in the need for professional services.
- Grease: Most people think they can pour hot grease down a drain, followed by hot water, and it will magically wash away. Unfortunately, as the grease travels through the pipe, it cools and solidifies. When this happens, we can work to get down to where the grease is blocking the pipe and remove the buildup.
- Toys: Although this is somewhat less common than the other items on this list, it still ranks high among families with young children. Small toys can appear to flush fine, until you end up with a blockage and need to have it professionally taken care of.
The moment you notice these issues, it is imperative to get professionals solutions. As clogs worsen, they can put unnecessary strain on your plumbing that can have serious repercussions in your home.
How Can You Prevent Clogged Drains?
To avoid the many problems that accompany clogged drains, you should be aware of what goes down your drains. More often than not these items can go in the garbage, preventing your clogged drains altogether. Additionally, getting regular rooter service can be a great step in keeping your plumbing in optimal conditions at all times.
What Are the Benefits of Regular Rooter Services?
When considering regular rooter, you need to look at the possible benefits it can pose. This can help you make the best decision for your home. The benefits we like our customers to understand include:
- Regular rooter services will prevent severe clogs from forming in your pipes.
- It will lower your risk of facing an unexpected plumbing emergency, because we can remedy potential problems as soon as we see them.
- Clean drains will increase the life expectancy of your pipes and decrease the possibility of plumbing leaks that can turn into plumbing emergencies.
As a result of these benefits, we advise all of our customers to contact us for professional Davie drain cleaning services. We guarantee that your plumbing will work in the best condition possible while increasing the life expectancy of your system.
Hydrojetting is one of the most effective drain cleaning methods - let our capable technicians help decide if you could benefit from this service today!
Frequently Asked Questions About Drain Cleaning
How Can You Tell You Need a Professional Drain Cleaning Service?
Call C & D Plumbing Inc. if you are experiencing any of these issues:
- Slow drains
- Recurring clogs
- Several drains clogging at once
- There is a foul odor coming from your drains
- Flooding caused by a sewage back up
What Are Some Popular Drain Cleaning Methods?
There are two methods plumbers usually use to clear a blocked drain: snaking and hydro jetting.
Why Is Hydro Jetting the Preferred Method of Clogged Drain Repair?
- Hydro jetting can remove grease and other buildup from pipe walls.
- Hydro jetting can remove large debris, such as tree roots.
- Hydro jetting can remove soap, hair, food scraps, organic waste, and more that can accumulate to form a clog.
- Hydro jetting can also remove mineral deposits and scale buildup within pipes.
- Better drain clearing can prevent back-ups.
- Thanks to the flexibility of the hose, it can clean pipes of virtually any size.